[MAN VOCALIZING]


So I'm watching the movie, 25th Hour. [English caption FOR THE HEARING IMPAIRED] I turn it on in case I can't understand what it is they're mumbling about. The movie is near end. The screen shows a stretch of road. For a few seconds it stays there. I hear a beautiful man's voice chanting a song, singing softly to music...peaceful, meditative, kinda like Enigma. There are captions on the bottom.
I rewind it a bit, turn off the sound, & replay that part. I watch.
GOD!! Being hearing impaired, reading the words [MAN VOCALIZING] across the bottom of the screen........how do they handle that?!  Man vocalizing???!!?  What the fuck does that mean?? What the FUCK does that mean? Is the man talking, humming, mumbling giberish, singing......what? Man vocalizing. WTF is he vocalizing??!  SHIT!  I take the remote, stab the screen... I don't stop.  I stab it until it's guts are hanging out all over the living room floor. That is, of course, if I was hearing impaired... And had to read the fucking words [MAN VOCALIZING] on a TV screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment